Build projects can be incredibly challenging. It can be incredibly stressful managing architects and contractors. Even keeping the neighbours on side can be tough. Add financial pressure into the mix and it’s a wonder how anyone can cope.
There are a number of reasons to work with a project management expert on your build. Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to manage contractors and sub-contractors? Don’t know how to get your project finished on time and within budget?
Unfortunately, we don’t live in a perfect work and no project goes completely to plan. But alterations can mean time delays and spiralling costs. You can end up with 30% of the project to complete with 5% of the time and 5% of the budget.
Contractors want to build quickly and get the job done. Unfortunately, their priority isn’t always to deliver the best build for you. Architects just want to see their designs come to life and aren’t focused on the big picture.
This means both contractors and architects can be inflexible in their approach. So they’re not the best people to look out for all your interests. You need someone to take a 360 view, balancing different aspects to deliver for you.
All aspects of your project covered
Managing your finances
- Analysing costs provided by contractors and sub-contractors to ensure you are paying the correct amount
- Help in managing payments, so you don’t pay too much in advance and can hold your contractors to account
- Negotiation with your contractor to manage any extras during the project
- Support in finding competitive tenders and saving costs on design, finish and build
Managing your contractors
- By being aware of the project pitfalls, I can speak to the contractor in a way they understand
- Ensuring the contractor produces the best quality build for you, rather than just a fast build
- Communication with the contractor to ensure your project is built to the best designs
Managing your architect
- Using expertise to suggest slightly modified designs that result in large savings
- Ensuring no compromises to the design or quality of finish, while maximising cost effectiveness
- Communication with architect, on site, to fully understand the design requirements
- Managing designs as necessary throughout the project
- Analysing options with different product manufacturers to ensure you get the best price
Saving your project to get it over the line
- Full service management to ensure your project is brought back on track and completed fully and at the correct cost
- Cost variations or extras addressed right now so you are always in the picture, not left with a large bill
- Prevent problems later down the line by scheduling a program the contractor can keep to
- Ensuring materials are ordered on time, avoiding any late delivery and knock on delays
Is it worth one phone call to get your project back on track?
Get in contact for a free consultation now. If we decide you would benefit from my experience, I will come to your site and assess your situation. You can then finally relax and look forward to your project getting back on track. I will give you a firm cost up front, with no hidden fees. As a rule of thumb, my services tend to work out at £75 an hour. A small price to get your project back on track.